Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Journey begins

Well, I'm about to undertake a metamorphisis. Moving from traditional wiring, electrical control, to a more modern computer controlled version. Over the next few weeks, I hope to document this project for others who might be interested in doing the same.

I'll be using a set of products made by Vertical Power (www.verticalpower.com). Because I had already started down the path of the "old school". I've got some basic planning that I'll need to redo. Also in no specific order I've got to nail down the following

  1. Panel layout for a new display unit
  2. Panel layout to remove all breakers and most switches
  3. Panel layout to reorder a few things to make room for the display
  4. Wiring documentation for what devices will exist and where they will be located and how much wiring will be required

All of the above sounds ominus, but stay tuned, you'll be amazed at how easy this is going to be. Wiring an airplane, will never be the same.

The Journey begins....

No comments: