Thursday, February 22, 2007

Flap functions

Oooooo, as a side benefit. I sent my flap motor and limit switches to VP this week. They have confirmed and created a Lancair flap system drawing. Marc should get it up on their website soon. It's gonna be *soooo* nice. As the code matures, I'll end up with these features.

- single tap flap positions
- double click to go all the way down
- disable flaps above x speed
- auto trim input when flaps lowered
- reduced-speed flap retract on go-around
- auto-flap lowering at proper speeds

In my case, I use 2 outputs for the flap motor, the box controls the polarity to provide up and down to the motor. I use 2 inputs for the flap switch (up/dwn). I use 2 inputs for the all the way up, all the way down limit switches (the Lancair flap motor has *way* more throw than is needed, hence the limit switch setup). And then I have a Ray Allen position sensor so I get graphical readout on the VP Display.

Gonna be an excellent addition and I didn't have to buy any other items to have the above.

No comments: