Thursday, May 3, 2007

Panel distraction

Got my new metal yesterday and as luck would have it, it was *close*, oh, so *close*, but I've now wasted 2 days tweaking it. At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Should be done with tweaking metal today and can get back to wiring. All of this has to come together to complete this effort, so I suppose it's not wasted time... I just hated having to file, grind, trim, etc... Mind you some of this was on the fiberglass frame where I needed clearance for the new items that go in the panel...

Pictures once I get it all back together so you can at least compare and contrast to the "old school" version... Warning, tho, there are only 5 switches on the new version... 2 for overrides, 2 for AP master and GPS select, and one for Start... No other breaks, switches, etc.... Even in a Lancair, NO CANOPY SEAL switch :)... Thanks Marc for pushing me to get rid of that one...

No comments: