Friday, May 4, 2007

Before/After panel

Ok, finally got the panel rework behind me. For reference, here is the "old School" design.


And here is the new one similarly equiped.



You can see there are no breakers, and most of the switch panel was done away with. On the left wing there are only 5 switches. 2 - Overrides for the PFD and Comm, 2 - for the AutoPilot Master and GPS select, and one for Start.

This cleaned up the panel a bunch. Also, note the VP display unit is much larger than the MVP-50. At the moment because I don't have an actual display just yet, Marc loaned me an aluminum billet piece that was cut to match the exact size, mounting and cutout. Now that I've confirmed that shape, I'll be sending that back so the next person can use it :)... Also notice the cutout below the display where the VP Mag switch and control switches will go. I would have liked to have put that in the radio stack, but there is simply no room in a Legacy equiped as mine will be.

No comments: