Sunday, April 15, 2007

MVP-50 - Blind Mount option

I just got some really good news.... It seems that EI makes a "blind mount" option for the MVP-50 engine monitor. I'm going to use this monitor and didn't want yet another display in the panel. I contacted them at Marc's suggestion and found out that they were thinking of making a Blind Mount. I called them and they offered to exchange or upgrade my display to the new mount. It lays the display down and provides mounting holes. It also reorients the DB25 connector to come out the side when laying down. I got a mock up drawing and entered it into CAD so I could print a mounting template to use while I worked on wiring and waited for my unit to be exchanged.

Here is the template in PDF.

Once I get the actual unit, I'll be sure and post pictures...

No comments: