Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Canopy seal - part 2

If you read below, you'll see some info about an automatic canopy seal that I've been working on. It seems that the little electronic valve that I got requires voltage to stay switched. If you leave main voltage on it, it gets rather hot. But, they are made for a much reduced voltage to hold their switched position. To accomodate that, you need something called a "Hit and Hold" circuit. It turns out that in my case, a 24v valve, can be held with 1/3 it's voltage or 8volts. This should drop the current *way* down and keep the temps cool. I found a company that actually makes a "Hit and Hold' device just for this purpose. They have a 1/2 and a 1/3 voltage version and so I'll be trying one of them. It's called a "CoolCube" and is available from here http://www.bio-chemvalve.com

No comments: